It’s not news that STEM talents are in great demand and are paid well. Online postings for software jobs across the U.S. grew 31% from 2007 to 2012 – nearly 3x faster than overall job postings. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates software developer jobs to continue to grow at 22% from 2012~2022, with a median pay of $95,510 for software app developers as of May 2014.
If you’re looking to learn how to code, the sheer number of programming languages may be overwhelming – what language should you indeed learn? This article hopes to give you some pointers by comparing the salary, popularity, and prospective future associated with different programming languages.
So, here are the best languages to start with(please note, its not “ranked”) –
This language was developed for developers to have fun and be productive simultaneously. Ruby can be used for command line tools*, Simulations, explorations and general R&D,programming support packages. A detailed answer on uses of Ruby can be found here.
Ruby was made popular by the Ruby on Rails framework, a full-stack web framework optimized for programming happiness. As Ruby reads like English and Rails has tools that make common development tasks easier “out-of-the-box”, many would recommend learning Ruby as your first programming language.
Ruby is mostly used for backend development, and popular sites such as Airbnb, Shopify, Bloomberg, Hulu, Slideshare, and more have been built with Ruby on Rails.
- Quick to learn and very readable
- Lets you focus on your actual algorithms while abstracting a lot of low-level stuff and hence its quicker to get stuff done with python.
- Testing a piece of code is so much more easier in python. Open the python interpreter and start testing it right away! 🙂
- Lots of open sources libraries available in python especially with regard to web development and data science projects.
Some applications of Python are –
- Web and Internet Development- Using frameworks like Django and pyramaid.
- Scientific and Numeric – Using frameworks like Scipy and Pandas.
- Desktop GUIs – using toolkits like wxWIDGETS.
- Software Development-Python is often used as a support language for software developers, for build control and management, testing, and in many other ways.
future of python is really bright. It’s now the
So, Python can be a good start to your Programming adventure.
Well, Start with whatever language you like and acquire good skills at it, just master it. I hope you guys liked this post and if you want to ask anything, just comment below!