Hey, Its SSB from capstricks.net. World is a full of sneaky people, always trying to exploit one’s privacy and we got a lot of files to keep safe from those sneaky people. So here I propose a simple file which can be used to hide and password protect your files with an easy click. Only people who knows about batch file or who uses command prompt can decipher it.. But most of our friends and family don’t have much knowledge about this. So this will help you a lot.
This is totally useful against your friends and family! What are we waiting for? Let’s go.
Here is the file -> WinFH
How to hide files and folders using WinFH-
I will explain how to use it here
- The WinFH.bat is file which is used to lock as well as hide your private folders. And the two folders are the dummy folder we are going to hide for the demo.
- Open WinFH.bat file, it will ask for a password in the first execution. You need to provide a password and to re type it for confrmation.
- In the next step you will have three different options to manage your folders.
- password change
- To hide a file choose hide by typing the number 2 and press enter.
- Then you will be asked for the folder or file name. Type the file/folder name and then press enter. If your folder or file is in different folder/directory. skip to step 20.
- This will hide your folder and also will create a text file called FilesList.
- You can view the file or folder which is hidden in the text file by opening it.
- In the above example i hid a folder named Folder1 as well as a text file called testdoc.txt. Both are listed here. If you want to show a file or folder which you hid using the WinFH file. Use this as a reference.
- To show a file/folder open WinFH file again and choose show option by typing number 1 and press enter.
- In the next step it will ask for the file you want to show type the file/folder name correctly. Use FIleList.txt as a reference in case you forgot the name of the folder.
- Then it will ask for the password, provide it and press enter. Your file will be shown in the folder.
- The password changer option is there in case you want to change your password. Use number 3 to access it.
- You have to remember the password in order to unlock the files. Some time we may forget the password.
- There is a way to know your password in case you forget it. This file will always update your password whenever you change your password or create it to a text file which is hidden by default.
- To see the file you need to go to files and folders option.
- To open Files and folders option.
- In the window opened select “view” tab and then uncheck the “Hide protected operating system files”.
- This will show a text file called Flag.txt. Open it, It will have your password. Here “Sangesh” is my password.
- After knowing your password go to Files and Folders and tick the “Hide protected operating system files” again (This is important).
- To hide a File/folder in different directory.
- You need to provide the path of the file. If you don’t know how to find the path of a file/folder. Shift+Right click the file and select copy as path in the pop-up this will copy the path of the file to clipboard.
- Then open the WinFH file and select hide by typing the corresponding number and then paste the path by pressing ctrl+v.
- This will add the file with path name to the FilesList.txt too. So you don’t need to remember the path.
- This is a basic form of password protecting but still this is effective against your friends and family.
That’s it for now guys. Hope you find it useful. Will come up with one more useful tutorial soon.