LeEco fooled us a lot, right? And they still won’t accept that LeEco Le1s supports VOLTE but Thanks to Devs , we have the VOLTE working on our Le1s. You will need some stuff before you actually start enabling VOLTE. We will be sharing the TWRP method here-
- A Le1S with TWRP FLASHED
- Stock Rom installed, either 17S or 19S version
- A flashable zip file that you can get from here. (Download according to your version!)
HOW TO ENABLE VOLTE IN Le1S(TWRP Method)-
- Reboot to your TWRP from the software update App.
- Click on INSTALL>and then move to the directory or Folder where you have downloaded the ZIP file.
- Select the file and swipe to install. Reboot after installing.
- Now when your phone reboots, Go to settings> Dual Sim and settings> Click on JIO > APN> and click on Reset.
- Now after resetting APN settings, open the phone or dialer app and type *#*#3646633#*#* and Go To IMS > Call > UA_call_amr_fmt_variant —- Untick (Remove) 1st and 3rd option — Click on SET
2.Now press back key twice and you will be back in IMS tab then click on COMMON tab. Then click on operator_code — Select VoLTE_Operator_RJIL —Click on SET (scroll to bottom)
- Come back once and Click on mnsmcc check — select Off — Click on SET
- HD icon should now appear in your status bar. You have successfully activated VoLTE.
Here are some Cons-
- After reboot you need to repeat engineering mode steps i.e Step 5,6,7.
- Flashing wrong zip may brick your phone (We will not be responsible). Make sure you flash the correct zip file.
- Some people are facing soft reboot bug, so i would suggest you to Go with ROOT method.(The creator of this zip is trying to figure out the problem)
Link to Video tutorial by a friend- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT8kM9CzV2A
HOW TO GET VOLTE(ROOT METHOD)-
- SetEdit app, get from here.
- Terminal Emulator, get from here.
- X-plore app, get from here.
- Open terminal emulator, type these commands as they are-
su (press enter and grant access)
pm grant by4a.setedit android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS (press enter)
- Now, open setedit and in globval change, “value of volte_vt_enabled” to 1 from 0 and save.
- Now open build.prop using Xplore app and change value of “persist.mtk.volte.enabled” to 1 and save it.
- Now, head over to settings> Dual sim and mobile network> Jio>APN> reset.
- And then again ENGINEER MODE SETTINGS which are given above^.
- Some users who flashed TWRP zip file are facing restart issue, not all. The creator of that zip file is working on a universal zip. Till then its your call to choose whichever method you feel good.
So, guys that was pretty much it. Now enjoy that free calling without that annoying JIO4Gvoice App untill Airtel or TRAI doesn’t screw it up. Share with your friends and do comment below what would you like to see in our next post.