Here are the top 10+ best operating systems that are used by hackers in 2017. Have you ever thought that there is a traditional operating system for hacking and Pentesting? The operating system focused on security is always the best friend of Hacker, therefore, we have collected a list of the best operating systems, which are often used for hacking and entrance testing. Post to know about these OS.
A hacker is a highly skilled computer operator who uses insects and exploit to break into computer systems and networks. On the other hand, an ethical hacker recognizes vulnerabilities in computer systems and networks, and plugs these holes. Here’s a round up of ten best operating systems for ethical hackers and penetration testers.
Hacking has been a part of computing for five decades and it is a very wide area, which covers many tasks. The word hacker happened in MIT in 1960. Hacking is considered as the process of detecting all the potential doors present in a computer system or network and, in the end, is infiltrating it, in simple terms, it is unauthorized access to a computer system or network Is considered as an activity, so that it can harm or prevent its normal functioning and be sensitive to the computing system.
On the other hand, hacking can also be a legal activity, when they are used to find the doors and weaknesses in the computer system so that they can patch them. It is called ethical hacking.
There are many types of hacking attacks in the cyber world, which are daily, and this is done by some professional hackers and by some new people who use to hack someone’s code and concepts. But it is essential that every hacker needs hacking OS and that Linux is the best choice for hackers for a long time. So today we are here with some of the best operating systems based on Linux, which hackers can use to hack their attack without any interference. So have a look below on these OS discussions below.
Top 5 Operating Systems For Hackers 2017
Kali Linux is based on Debian-Linux distribution, and is specially designed for digital forensics and penetration testing. Kali Lunix is pre-installed with over 300 access test programs and can be installed as a primary operating system on hard disk, live CD / USB, and can also run as a virtual machine using some virtualization softwares.
Features Of Kali Linux
- Full customization of Kali ISOs
- The Kali Linux ISO of doom – an excellent example of the flexibility of live-build, and the types and complexity of customizations possible.
- Kali Linux Live USB persistence with LUKS encryption
- Kali Linux Full Disk Encryption
- Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of other interesting ARM devices
Another well-known Linux-based operating system is Backtrack, which has been used for the last few years and is best known as OS for Network Cracking and Pen Testing. And it is one of the best OS hackers who can hack different networks with privacy.
Features of Backtrack
- One-stop-shop for all your security needs
- Metasplow for integration
- Wi-Fi drivers support monitor mode and packet injection
- The Cisco OCS Mass Scanner is a very reliable and fast scanner for Cisco Router to test the default Telnet and enable the password.
- A large collection of exploits as well as more traditional software such as Browser
Backbox is the distribution of an Ubuntu-based Linux that aims to assist ethical hackers and penetration testers in security evaluation. Backbox OS is designed to be fast, easy to operate and has a minimal desktop environment. Backbox distribution consists of more than 70 devices ranging from web testing and network analysis to stress testing, sniffing, vulnerability assessment, forensics and exploitation.
Features of Backbox
- BackBox Linux is one of the first platforms supporting the cloud for penetration testing.
- It is fully automated and non-intrusive, with no agents or network configuration changes required to achieve regular automated configuration backups.
- Saves time and eliminates the requirement of tracking individual network devices.
- With support of the XFCE desktop, BackBox is regarded as fast in operations and suitable even for old configuration systems.
- Completely hacker friendly due to the support it receives for creating its own Launchpad PPA and sending the package to developers who, in turn, contribute instantly to BackBox Linux.
This is one of the best OS for hackers, which is just as a live CD in this, you just have to make bootable USB on this OS and then just have to boot on your PC, and no one has to install it Not required, you have to run it on your PC and stop the attacks.
- Available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions, the latter has increased by a significant speed of 32bit
- Includes the required environment to crack passwords using GPGPU with OpenCL and CUDA configured ‘out of the box'
- Built on hard linux, which includes hardened kernel and toolchain
Hardened kernel with additional patches 
- Uses a Pentoo overlay, which allows to make tools on top of standard standard construction.
4. DEFT Linux
DEFT (Digital Evidence and Forensics Toolkit) is based on GNU Linux and DART (Digital Advanced Response Toolkit), forensics system, including some great tools for forensic and event response. DEFT Linux is specially designed to run forensic functions and runs live on the system without compromising on hard disk or any other storage media, including more than 100 highly rated forensics and hacking tools.
It is currently developed and maintained by Stefano Fratepietro, along with other developers, and is available for free. It is actively used by the army to analyze ethical hackers, pen testers, government officials, IT auditors and even various forensic based systems.
Features of DEFT Linux
- This is based on the Lubuntu distribution of open source digital forensics and penetration testing equipment.
- Full support for Bitlocker encrypted disk, Android and iOS 7.1 logical acquisitions.
- Digital Forensics Framework 1.3 included.
The another good operating system that every pentester would love to try out on their PC. This OS is being developed after the great necessity of many things that are not present in another Linux based OS.
Features of NodeZero
- The live OS supports various other features like system memory diagnostic tests, hard disk booting, install direct, safe mode booting, text mode or debug mode.
Originally posted 2017-08-23 08:32:43. Republished by Blog Post Promoter